Sunday, October 18, 2009

If you don't care about cars, look away now.

Interlagos BLEW MY MIND!

Some highlights for me included:

Reuben’s rather suspect pit stop with 8 laps to go. I love it when Ross Brawn plays favourites. (Actually, I now know that Reubens had a puncture and therefore had to get new tyres.... but I like my original evil thoughts better, so I’m sticking with them.)

Kimi’s incredible start. Kimi was on fire! Fantastically, after a fuel hose malfunction courtesy of the I believe soon to be unemployed Kovalainen, Kimi was literally ON FIRE. Imagining that moment in Kimi’s helmet is hilarious. Do you think he even noticed?

The fact that it was the Brawn mechanics who managed to detach the fuel hose from the McLaren.

That hilarious little tussle between trulli and sutil after they both konked out of the race. Jarno, the 'wraparound polarised lense sunglasses most often seen on cyclists' wearing Italian has NEVER been a favourite of mine and to see him stand up on his tippy toes and reach up as far as his little arms could go to push the calm and well behaved Sutil around was GOLD.

Jenson’s aggressive overtaking. The man was inspired.

Kobayashi’s showing on his first race. We’ve had so many driver changes this season and the Japanese replacement for Toyota’s Timo Glock is the only one who hasn’t left me feeling distinctly underwhelmed. Jaime Alguersuari might be a treat to look at, but that preemie beast sure knows how to finish a race dead last.

Heidfeld running out of fuel. Let me say that again. Heidfeld. Ran. Out. Of. Fuel.
Idiot.

The smile and shrug thing Nico did after his gearbox went and he was forced to retire. One day, he will be in charge of our children’s manners. He has class.

Brawn’s inaugural Constructers Championship.

Jenson Button, the new world champion. I knew it was going to be a good day when I saw his pops sitting in the garage, wearing that pink shirt. I am SO SO happy. Seriously. You'd think I know the dude.

So tonight, in celebration of two championship titles and a ridiculously good race, why not make like Kimi Raikkonen and get fucked up with a Flaming Ferrari?

Flaming Ferrari
Ingredients
3 oz. Dark Rum
3 oz. White Rum 2 oz. Blue Curacao
Instructions
Pour the white rum into a glass. Add the dark rum. Pour the Blue Curacao into a separate shot glass. Light the rum mixture and suck with a straw. Whilst doing this, pour in the Blue Curacao into the glass and finish. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WITH FIRE.
(Recipe from http://www.barnonedrinks.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment