Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nico leaves Williams

Nico has officially declared that 2009 is his last season with Williams.
Firstly, I win that bet. I knew he would leave.
Secondly, what are the odds? Is he replacing Kovaleinen at McLaren or Barrichello at Brawn next year? Who wants to play? Paul, dare I say you and I might be on the same team next year?!
I'd prefer him to go to Brawn honestly. I'm quite certain that the McLarens will be back on pace IN A BIG WAY next year, but I my reasons for wanting Nico to race for Brawn are 3 fold:
1) I don't want to be a McLaren supporter. Really. It will pain me.
2) Barrichello needs to get his ass out of a race car and into some random commentary box a la DC. I am so over that small Brazilian.
3) I'm just not sure Nico can pull off the orangetastic garb those McLaren boys wear. I love me some Brawn.

Realistically, as it stands, I can see the following happening:
Nico takes Heikki's place at McLaren
Heidfeld takes Nico's place at Williams
And new boy on the block Bruno Senna gets his first F1 drive for Brawn. He tested for them last year. They can't possibly let another F1 season go by without getting that kid in a car.
Having said all that, my hope is still for a Button/Rosberg Brawn team. Can you imagine? I am hyperventilating just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment